The Twins Turn 1!

T-shirts from: www.thebestyears.com

I'll be the first to admit I'm slightly behind on the twins updates but you know, life is much more busy now they're both on the move!

The boys turned 1 on the 5th August and we had a lovely day at Cotswold Wildlife Park.

They turned 1 of the Friday and the next day we did birthday party for them at home. I invited so many friends and family it was a bit busy at one point but the weather was perfect and the boys seemed to really enjoy it; I don't think they cried once.


We hired a bouncy castle from a local company and did a BBQ. I decided on The Gruffalo as the theme as its my favourite book to read the boys and they get excited when I start reading it to them.


I went to a local wholesalers a couple of days before the party to stock up on sweets. I definitely bought too many as we're still eating them now, 1 month on but they were a big hit with the children that came.


I did go slightly OTT with the birthday cake for the party and it looked slightly more like a wedding cake than a children's birthday cake, they only turn 1 once though right?! The cake was from a fellow mum on Instagram; B's Bakes.

I ordered the Gruffalo figurines from a shop on eBay; they said they were edible but I found a lot of human hairs in them so they weren't eaten. Glad we didn't anyway as I'm going to keep them stored away to show them when they're older.

The cake topper was ordered from a shop on Etsy called CapolaDesigns and I couldn't recommend them more. I messaged to see if she could fit 2 names on the sign and within a day she'd sent over a design and it was perfect. I received it the same week. Outstanding service, highly recommended.


The boys wore rompers made by The Best Years; as I'm sure most of you know, this is my company so head over and check it out! Louie didn't fancy showing his romper off but Ollie was more than willing!























Nathan and I bought the boys a few little presents along with their twin trike as we knew people would bring presents to the party. We bought them some new books, a couple of bits of clothing and a couple of little toys.

















I also told mum what to buy for them and they were pretty big; although I did say to only buy 1 for them to share. Of course Nana didn't listen and bought them one each! Looking back now, I'm glad she did, they love them! They were from Amazon but I have no idea how much they cost.

Comments

  1. I love these baby trikes! Now I know what to say when my parents ask what to buy for my twin boys for their first birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts