9 month update!



I had the boys weighed yesterday just to check they're retaining the line on their charts and I'm super proud to say that they are! I've no idea how I've done it, but I've officially kept 2 babies alive for 9 months. Crazy hey! Ollie weighs 18lb 3oz and Louie is 16lb 3oz so the gap has actually got bigger and is now 2lb between them! This is probably because Ollie has 1 more oz than Louie at bedtime and Louie never drinks his whole bottle.

Seen as they're getting older and are now on the move, we decided to switch up their routine a little bit. 

So in the morning now, instead of Nathan giving them a whole bottle, we've cut it down to 5oz's. Then, instead of going straight back to bed, I get them up and give them breakfast downstairs. They have been having 4oz's of milk with porridge and then a slice of toast each; today we tried weetabix instead of porridge and I think it went down pretty well! 

They then have a play until they get moany. Once the whining starts, I put them in their cots to sleep and they have the tranquil turtle playing; this signals sleep time in our house. Ewan the sheep never had an effect on them but the turtle seems to! 

They then usually wake around 9.30-10am ish so I give them a snack so a wafter or something small just to keep them going until lunch at 11.30am.

The rest of the routine is the same as my last post! 

It's always nerve-wracking changing the routine but it seems to be working for us right now! 

Comments

Popular Posts