Bugaboo Donkey Twin & Car Seats

So when I was browsing the Internet for twin prams, I was pretty shocked to see that there was a really limited choice; given the increase in the number of twins born these days, I would have thought there would be a much bigger selection of makes and designs! One thing I did come to realise though is that the first decision in buying a pushchair for twins would have to be if you wanted them side by side or if you wanted them to be tandem (one in front of the other).
 
After having a look at a few designs, I decided to go for a side by side pushchair. This reason is solely based on the look of the pushchair and the fact that when the babies are old enough to go into the chairs, one wouldn't be sat underneath the other one and they would have the same view.
 
I decided to go for the Bugaboo Donkey Twin in black with a silver frame.
 
Bugaboo Donkey Twin
 
Although they are quite very expensive, it is a gorgeous pushchair and I have heard so many good reviews on it.
 
We paid £1,395 for the pram alone but this does include:
⦁ 2 rain covers
⦁ side luggage basket
⦁ 2 base carrycot fabrics
⦁ 2 base seat fabrics
⦁ 2 frames
⦁ 2 sun canopy wires
⦁ chassis with wheels
⦁ 2 carrycot aprons and 2 extendable sun canopies
⦁ air pump
⦁ 2 carry handles
⦁ under seat basket

We bought our pushchair and a few other bits from the Oxford Pram Centre; solely  because they gave us a discount of 5% for buying so much in 1 go and therefore saved us a lot of money! I would definitely recommend having a look on their website and enquiring about a discount - if you don't ask you don't get and any savings, especially with twins, is a good saving!
 
One thing to mention with the Bugaboo Donkey Twin is that you are quite limited to the car seats that you can use as they only make certain adaptors. You might have noticed that in the £1395 the car seats aren't included - nor the car seat adapter! Both of these have to be purchased separately.
 
The only car seats that can be used with the Donkey Twin are: 
Britax-Römer® Baby Safe Plus II
Britax-Römer® Baby Safe Plus SHR II
 BéBé Confort® Pebble
 BeSafe® iZiGo
 Maxi-Cosi® Cabriofix
 Maxi-Cosi® Pebble
 Maxi-Cosi® Pebble Plus
 
 
Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix Car Seat - Black Raven
 
We decided to go for the Maxi-Cosi® Cabriofix in Black Raven.
 
As I suffer with a back issue, we thought that fitting the Cabriofix bases into the car would be a good idea. We bought the car seats from Mamas and Papas as they price matched another shop saving us around £25 per car seat. The bases we bought were the Easybases and we got them from Oxford Pram Centre.
 
Everything we ordered arrived within 2 weeks and is all put together and sitting at my mums house!
 
 Now there's no denying that its a big/wide pushchair but an important thing to mention is that you can take a carrycot or chair off (depending how you are using it) and are able to squeeze it together to make it into a single pushchair. I personally never go through a single door (other than being at home). When I go shopping to Asda or into town, the shops all have sliding double doors and therefore, you wouldn't have an issue.
 
Well that's my review on the Bugaboo Donkey Twin.
Of course my babies aren't here yet so its hasn't been used properly but I am completely in love with it already and I can't wait to put my boys in it and go shopping!

Comments

  1. Bugaboo is a wonderful brand. There are so many prams out there for single babes but the Bugaboo was the only one that Chris and I liked! They are expensive but they are worth every penny and we plan on using it for our next baby. I love that you can replace every part on the Bugaboo meaning that you can always keep it in tip top condition. I have a little tip for when you get stratches on the frame too... Use a Flash Magic Erasier. They're only £1 and they pull all of the light scratches off! I think I look after my Bug better than my car! It scares me how much one baby can cost, let alone two haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's gorgeous isn't it! I love the different accessories that you can get for it aswell! Although we have the black colour pack now, we can always change it easily if it gets dirty or we fancy a change! If we ever have anymore (not that I am planning to), we will use it for them as well and just make it into the single pram! Amazing - thanks for that! I'll pop one on my shopping list (that still has rather a lot on it!!)! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts